Monday, February 1, 2010

#Mcfatty monday :: Scale or tape measure? #

Here we go again, another week and all I have to say is WTF?!?!?!?! I have been working my butt off and cuting calories like if my life depends on that & yet I just lose ONE pound this week.

Not that I don't like to lose at least 1lb because adding the other 8 I already lost that is a gran total of 9 lbs in a month and that makes me very happy but I can't stop feeling dissapointed.

We live in Arizona for God's sake so 2/3 of the year I have to wear shorts, tank tops and sandals and the other 1/3 is not that cold so I can't hide my fluffy self with a lot of winter clothes.

So there is my motivation to keep going, I'm visualizing how good I will look on my new bathing suit for the summer or how comfortable I will feel for spring training wearing shorts and sleevless shirts not to worrying about my super fat arms.

Which makes me think about this, what do you trust more the scale or the tape measure?

The other day I weighed myself on that freaking, ugly, devil scale of mine and I weigh more than before I started to working out so I was in shock and about to go and eat all the chocolate I could find on my way because I was sad and dissapointed, I mean if you are working your butt off the less you are expecting is to see some results, right? Well I asked my friends on facebook and most of them agreed that the tape measure is better than the scale or the way your clothes fits you.

I definitely can feel a difference but it would be great to SEE a change on the numbers on the scale.

This week I kinda going to start over and not to pay attention to the number on the scale but the numbers on the tape measure so (please don't laugh) my numbers are as follows:

Waist: 34"
Breast: 38.5"
Tight: 22.5"
Arms: 11.5"
Hips: 39.5"

We will see if I can see a difference next week.

Overall I'm happy so far and as my husband says it's always better something than nothing or "pian pianito" as my grandma used to say (That its a say in spanish that means little by little).

So what do you do, scale or tape measure? Any feedback would be greatly appreciate.

Happy week and see you next monday!!!

11 comments:

  1. I have to say tape measure all the way! I keep meaning to do my measurements. I know my scale number hasn't changed that much but my fat jeans are a little looser and hey the proof is in the pudding! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to start measuring this week as well. Congrats on the 9 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9lbs is awesome! great job on the weight loss!

    Lifewithsweetcheeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Invest like I did, and get a new scale! I'm so much happier that my old crappy scale can no longer toy with my emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9lbs! Is great!!!
    Thanks for the encouragment on my post...hopefully I will do better this coming week!
    As for the scale or measuring tape...I think I might start measuring because I need to know something I am doing is working!
    Good Luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there and keep working at it. It will come off.

    Stopped by from SITS to say hi and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your loss! That's awesome. Stopping by from SITS to say welcome and we're glad you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I should say tape measure, but I'm a sucker for the scale!

    Came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Saturday Sharefest!

    I definitely would go by the tape measure or how your clothes fit. After all, muscle weighs more than fat, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey girl! I tried to comment on your 365 blog but it wouldnt let me... anyways, love your pics and your daughter's penguin pjs! Thansk for the comment on my blog before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karina,
    9 pounds is a respectable amount, but if you want to lose super fast you can try Medifast. It is crazy hard to stick to, but works FAST. I have done it after the birth of my kids and lost about 15 in two weeks each time. Good luck, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete