Thursday, February 7, 2013

Banana Strawberry Muffins

This morning when I woke up I had no idea what to do for breakfast, then I realized that I had some  very riped bananas and I thought "let's make banana bread" but then I remembered that it has been a while since I made muffins so after a quick search on Pinterest I found this recipe and I loved it!

It's very yummy! Or at least that's what my 4 year old little girl told me after she devoured 2 of these babies.

They are super easy to make and very healthy if you substitute the flour for whole wheat and add a little bit of flax seed.




 

Banana Strawberry Muffins

Recipe adapted from Wit & Whistle
Yields: 12 muffins

Ingredients

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup diced strawberries, plus 1 strawberry very thinly sliced

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line or spray a muffin tin. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter browns and begins to smell nutty. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt. Whisk in the mashed bananas. Pour the butter in a very slow stream to temper the eggs and be sure they don’t curdle.
Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and incorporate with a spatula. Fold in the strawberries until just combined.
Using an ice cream scoop, portion the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins and place a sliced strawberry on top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.

 

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment